As of 1st April 2018 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) will be increasing. The new hourly rates are as follows:
- Workers 25 and over will increase from £7.50 to £7.83
- Workers between the ages of 21-24 will increase from £7.05 to £7.38
- Workers between the ages of 18-20 will increase from £5.60 to £5.90
- Workers between the ages of 16-17 will increase from £4.05 to £4.50
- Apprentices up to the age of 19, or in their first year of apprenticeship, will increase from £3.50 to £3.70 (unless the rate is specified in the apprentice training contract). If the apprentice is 19 or over and past their first year of training, they will get the rate that applies to their age.